The Robert Everett Exceptional Leadership in Student Governance Award recognizes and celebrates students who have made a valuable and significant contribution to the governance of York University.
Established in 2018, this award is named in honour of Dr. Robert Everett, a distinguished Senior Assistant Secretary of the University, who made extraordinary contributions supporting University governance for nearly three decades.
Who can be nominated?
Full-time undergraduate or graduate students with an active registration in a University program who have:
- actively and constructively participated in University governance at the Senate, Board of Governors and/or Faculty Council levels;
- embodied a strong spirit of collegiality, inclusiveness and commitment in their approach to governance;
- exhibited leadership in performing the duties of their role; and
- made meaningful contributions to governance as a student.
Nominators for this award can be any member of the York University community; however, self-nominations are not permitted.
Recipients will be honoured at an award reception and receive both a framed certificate and recognition on a plaque.
The nomination deadline is Friday, March 13, 2020.
Nomination package must include:
- A completed Nomination Form
- 1 to 2-page nomination letter that speaks to:
- the nominee’s willingness to assume leadership in governance activities;
- the amount of effort expended, particularly that beyond normal expectations of the role;
- the quality of effort made (intensity, extensiveness, complexity);
- the impact made, attributable to the nominee’s efforts;
- the collegial and inclusive approach taken in collaborations; and
- the commitment taken to foster student perspectives to help shape University decisions.
- Up to 3 additional reference letters (no more than 2 pages each) should be included in the package, and at least one of the letters must be from a current York University student.
Please submit your application here
Please e-mail us at email@example.com