The Robert Everett Exceptional Leadership in Student Governance Award recognizes and celebrates students who have made a valuable and significant contribution to the governance of York University.
Established in 2018, this award is named in honour of Dr. Robert Everett, a distinguished Senior Assistant Secretary of the University, who made extraordinary contributions supporting University governance for nearly three decades.
Who can be nominated?
Full-time undergraduate or graduate students with an active registration in a University program who have:
- actively and constructively participated in University governance at the Senate, Board of Governors and/or Faculty Council levels;
- embodied a strong spirit of collegiality, inclusiveness and commitment in their approach to governance;
- exhibited leadership in performing the duties of their role; and
- made meaningful contributions to governance as a student.
Nominators for this award can be any member of the York University community; however, self-nominations are not permitted.
Recipients of the award will have a notation included on their transcript, receive a certificate, and l have their name included on a plaque placed in the Dr. Robert Everett Senate Chamber. They will also be honoured at the 2021 Student Awards virtual reception hosted by the Division of Students.
Nomination package must include:
- A completed Nomination Form
- 1 to 2-page nomination letter that speaks to:
- the nominee’s willingness to assume leadership in governance activities;
- the amount of effort expended, particularly that beyond normal expectations of the role;
- the quality of effort made (intensity, extensiveness, complexity);
- the impact made, attributable to the nominee’s efforts;
- the collegial and inclusive approach taken in collaborations; and
- the commitment taken to foster student perspectives to help shape University decisions.
- Up to 3 additional reference letters (no more than 2 pages each) should be included in the package, and at least one of the letters must be from a current York University student.
2020 Award Recipients
|Kimiko CLARK||Glendon College||2020|
|Michelle Cobblah||Liberal Arts and Professional Studies||2020|
|Moboluwajidide (Bo) JOSEPH||Glendon College||2020|
Please e-mail us at email@example.com