Paul Tsaparis, Chair
Mamdouh Shoukri, President
Rick Waugh, Chair of the Board
Maureen Armstrong, Secretary
Cheryl Underhill, Assistant Secretary
Terms of Reference
The Land and Property Committee shall oversee the planning, development and management of the University's real property and physical facilities, and policies relating thereto. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing it shall review and make recommendations on the following:
- Acquisition, sale or leasing of, and the designation of use of the University's real property recommended by the President, or the York University Development corporation jointly with the President.
- Establishment and periodic review of the guiding principles and basic characteristics of the Master Plans and Secondary Plans for the University’s campuses based on the University’s approved academic requirements, including the requirement for buildings, landscaping, roadways, pathways, parking, heating and cooling, water, sewer and electrical distribution systems.
- Identification and management of risks associated with real property.
- Annual and long-range plans for the University's physical assets, including standards for facilities renewal and maintenance.
- Progress of University capital projects.
Approved by the Board of Governors December 4, 2007