Terms of Reference
The External Relations Committee shall advise and recommend to the Board on matters of communication strategies; reputational matters; alumni plans; and community affairs. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Committee shall:
- Receive and advise the University on major communication plans, alumni plans, public relations initiatives, government relations, community relations and media relations in the context of the mission and strategic objectives of the university.
- Advise the University on the cultivation of cultural, economic and social links with its surrounding communities to enhance external relations and university outreach.
- Consider long term demographic trends and changes to inform the university’s relationship with its communities.
- Receive and advise the University on strategic enrolment and recruitment plans as they pertain to community relations.
- Report to the Board on the status of community relations.
- Undertake such other matters as may be requested by the Board from time to time.
A change in name of the Committee to its current title was approved by the Board May 3, 2016.